Warner Community Center

400 Vine Street, Claude

Lat 35.106191
Lon -101.364255

Marker Text:
Warner Memorial Community Center
Frame structure, built about 1912 as Llano School (15 mi. SW of Claude), was vacated in 1930, used as rural community center, then moved 1939 to this site donated by Mr. and Mrs. J.T. Christian. Volunteers applied stucco and remodeled interior, using funds raised by the Armstrong County Federation of Women’s Clubs. The center name honors Dr. and Mrs. Wm. A. Warner, pioneer leaders in social progress and culture. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1962