Warner Building

101 North Trice Street, Claude.

Lat 35.110617
Lon -101.359172

Marker Text:
Site of Warner Building
Erected at this site in 1909 by civic leaders Dr. William A. (1864-1934) and Phebe K. (1866-1935) Warner, the Warner Building played an important role in Claude’s development. Designed by the Amarillo architectural firm of Heckman and Hartley, the building housed Dr. Warner’s medical office, the Warners’ Gate City Drugstore, public rest rooms, a barber shop, the “Claude News” newspaper office, a public reading room, a lodge hall, and rental office space. After a fire destroyed the building in 1915, the Warners reopened their drugstore at another location.