Courthouse

Located in Claude on Trice Street between First and Second streets.

The Armstrong County Courthouse has been designated “Historical” by the Texas Historical Commission. The Classical Revival building was designed by Elmer George Withers and built by L. R. Wright & Co., Dallas, and has served its county since 1912.

Description: The building is a center hall plan with shallow pavillions on each side of the basically rectangular building. There is also a “classical” portico on the front facade with an irregular stone pediment and Ionic columns. The raised basement is smooth ash.

Substantial Modifications:
-1948 Copper pediments and entablature removed.
-1964 Interior renovation, Rittenberry & Rittenbery
-1987 ADA improvements–elevators added
-1991 Restoration of courtroom.